Recent blog posts
- 10 Excellent Personal Development Books for YOU
- Multi-let Cashflow Webinar
- Vicki Wusche - Do you know your property Tools from your strategy?
- Who is Vicki Wusche - the Property Mermaid?
- Hanif Khan , Shimon Rudich Richard Shepherd Gallery April 2013 Berkshire Property Meet
- Vicki Wusche Property Mermaid Berkshire Property Meet
- Sylvia Rai Introduces Rohan Weerasinghe to Berkshire Property Meet 2013
- Shimon Rudich Berkshire Property Meet 2013
- Hanif Khan about Berkshire Property Meet April 2013
- Richard Shepherd Hanif Khan Shimon Rudich April 2013 Berkshire Property Meet
Rates held at 0.5% as BoE resists rise to combat inflation
Good news for borrowers, bad for savers - after much speculation whether interest rates would rise, the Bank of England decided on keeping the historic 0.5 per cent level for another month at least.
Shock data last month showed Britain's economy went into reverse at the end of last year, and headwinds from tax rises and public spending cuts look set to persist for some time.
A rate rise is one of the major weapons the Bank can use to tackle inflation - currently well above its 2% target at 3.7% - but borrowers will be happy that the interest they pay on their debts will not rise.